Monday, April 11, 2011
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Yuni is in lime green!
She wore this for her brother's reception ceremony.
She wore silk at the bottom and chifffon silk at the top.
In her words : "I wore it because it feels comfortable n simple n yet sexy n glamorous. N the theme and the setup for the ceremony pon relax n simple. :D "
I say always be comfortable in whatever you wear, escpecially during events! I think most hijabis can pull off the pario bottom (someone got to teach me how to tie it nicely like yunie!). Chiffons are also naturally transparent so make sure make sure you wear something to cover yourself under the chiffon.
Yuni's attire reminds me of lemon meringue! YUM!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
I wore this to Malam Gemilang once, and I think the picture looks amazing (I probably should promote the amazing photographer(s) here and ask for their permission but they're nice so they wont bite :) Future! I'll make them take moreeee )
I wore :
1. Traditional ruby red kebaya, with laced top and satin bottom.
2. White pearls (note : we need long ones)
3. My love, the heels, Stuart Weitzman ruby red collection.
At formal dinners, get away with wearing pearls! For cheaper options, there are knock offs at shopping centres. Mikimotos are expensive. Habib too. (I know they're pretty!). Sabah and Phillipine pearls are authentic and good for money!
I saw a brownish cream pearl once. Oogled over it for the longest time.
Friday, April 23, 2010
This is me at FIESTA MALAYSIA few fiestas ago ;)
I was wearing :
1. Tom Abang Saufi's shawl (it is interchangeable, I wore purple out instead of the hot pink inside). She is a Malaysian designer and this particular design was SMART ! pretty too :)
I messaged her (before all this project started) and she said she is working on a website soon! Can't wait. Found some of her other designs on the web.
2. Double layered pink purple hijab!
3. Printed black/white kebarung (its my sisters ;)).
4. The "Melanau" boys that I taught to perform at the Malaysian festival in Melbourne!
Wear white with bright colours!
I should take more "just by myself" pictures huh?